A small, safe, and comfortable residence for seniors needing maximum care and attention
Our Special Care Unit (SCU) is an intimate, homey, secure unit for residents assessed with greater physical and/or cognitive limitations. It allows our residents to “age in place” and avoid most long-term nursing home placements. Although it specializes in meeting the needs of those with dementia, it also services those residents who require extra physical support. We provide our SCU residents with highly trained staff, and an abundant resident-to-staff ratio, so they receive the care and attention they need:
- Three appetizing, healthful meals a day, including special diets ordered by a physician, served in our beautifully appointed dining room
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Nursing oversight 24 hours a day
- Assistance with personal care as needed including bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, walking, transferring from bed to a wheelchair, and eating
- Medication assistance and administration
- Housekeeping services
- Linen and personal laundry
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Coordinated health care services
- Specialized activity program
- Secure garden area
- Hospice and comfort care as requested
The daily rate for a private room in The Meadows special care unit, including all services, is $247 per day.
Wait List Deposit
To help prospective residents and families plan ahead for a move to The Meadows, we encourage them to remit a fully refundable $250 deposit to be placed on our Wait List. Once this deposit is placed, they will be assigned a priority number for future vacancies.
It is our intent to make a move to The Meadows as easy as possible. Should you have any questions, please contact us using the buttons at the top of this page.